In collaboration with the Albuquerque Journal, KANW presented a panel discussion about the February 2, 1980 New Mexico prison riot and its legacy on January 29, 2020. In recognition of the 40th anniversary of the riot, the panel discussed what happened and what the future holds for New Mexico's Corrections Department. Moderated by Albuquerque Journal Senior Editor, Kent Walz, the panelists included:
- Mike Gallagher, Albuquerque Journal Investigative Reporter.
- Peter Cubra, Albuquerque Attorney.
- Dirk Lee, President of the Correctional Officers Association.
- Alisha Tafoya Lucero, New Mexico Corrections Secretary.
- Antonio "Moe" Maestas, New Mexico State Representative.
- Gregg Marcantel, former New Mexico Corrections Secretary.
- Brian Sanderoff, President of Research & Polling, Inc.
Hear Part 1 HERE
Hear Part 2 HERE